Fi-Clor Spa Alkalinity Increaser should be used to raise the total
alkalinity level in spa water. Alkalinity is a measure of the total
amount of alkali in spa water. If the alkalinity is too low, most
chemicals added to the spa will directly affect the water balance
leading to rapid fluctuations in pH readings. Alkalinity at the correct
level will help protect, or “buffer” the pH.
- Take an alkalinity reading using your
test kit or test strips. You will need to raise the total alkalinity if
the reading is below 80mg/l (ppm)
- The Dose rate is 30g of Fi-Clor Spa Alkalinity Increaser per
1,000 litres of spa water. Each dose will raise the alkalinity by approx
10 – 20 mg/l (ppm).
- With the circulation running, dose directly in several areas
around the spa, avoiding the skimmer. only dose when bathing has ceased.
- Re-test after 24 hours. If total alkalinity is still low, repeat the dose.
- Maintain alkalinity between 80 – 160 mg/l (ppm).