Fi-clor pH and Alkalinity reducer (dry acid) should be used to
correct high levels of pH (above 7.6) or alkalinity (above 160mg/l).
High pH/alkalinity can lead to problems with cloudy water and
scaling of surfaces and pipework. High pH will also make chlorine
sanitisers less effective. High alkalinity can make it difficult to
adjust pH. (2kg)
- Take a pH reading using test strips or test tablets. If the reading is above 7.6 you will need to lower the pH
- The dose rate is 10g Fi-Clor Spa and Alkalinity Reducer per 1,000 litres of spa water. Each dose decreases the pH by approx 2.0
- With the circulation system running, dose directly in several
areas around the spa, avoiding the skimmer. Only dose when bathing has
- Continue filtration and re-test after 15 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment until pH falls within the range 7.2 – 7.6.
- To reduce the alkalinity, temporarily stop the circulation,
double the dose rate and add to spa water in one area. immediately
restart the circulation. Repeat the procedure as required.